This might probably be the most hidden secret, hair loss in women is very common. As stated above, the most common form of hair loss in women is androgenic alopecia. Female baldness patterns are witnessed as the hair starts to thin at the top and sides of the head. in women, androgenic alopecia is mostly witnessed after menopause although it may start at early puberty. How can you be certain that you are not a victim of hair loss? In normal hair, about 100 to 125 hair strands fall in a day. True hair loss happens when the daily hair shed is more than 125 strands.
Sudden hormonal changes due to the use of contraceptives, the start or termination of a pregnancy, the onset of menopause have all been seen to promote Androgenic alopecia. Pregnancy and menopause are two key events in a woman’s life that promote the onset of hair loss. The reason behind this is simple. Menopause results into a permanent change in hormonal production since the adrenal glands undergo changes during this time. The ultimate result is the reduction of estrogen and an increase in androgen which are directly associated with hair loss.
Garcinia cambogia has become the basis for some of the most widely used weight loss supplements in the world. Many people have finally managed to achieve their weight loss goals as a result of garcinia cambogia. Many weight loss supplements are aggressively marketed towards an unsuspecting public. A good portion of the studies that feature them may demonstrate that their products are correlated with weight loss, but the studies will fail to produce a causal relationship. Therefore, members of the general public should be wary of those sorts of weight loss supplements.
With garcinia cambogia, researchers have identified a mechanism by which the supplement can help lead to weight loss. The body’s fat storage production is complicated and involves many different enzymes, including citrate lyase. When people take garcinia cambogia, they will block the action of citrate lyase, making it that much harder for the body to store fat in the first place. People taking garcinia cambogia can’t skimp on diet or exercise, but they can make their diet and exercise efforts that much more fruitful by taking garcinia cambogia.
What’s interesting about garcinia cambogia is that it may also have health benefits that extend beyond helping people reach their weight loss goals. Weight loss is going to have its own intrinsic health benefits, of course. However, by taking garcinia cambogia, people may be able to simply cut to the chase and get direct health benefits from the supplement itself. Garcinia cambogia may aid in glucose usage, which could have tremendous medical benefits for diabetics. Both people with Type I diabetes and Type II diabetes could benefit from something like that. However, obese people are more likely to experience Type II diabetes, so garcinia cambogia may be particularly healthy for them.
People of all sizes can experience high cholesterol, and there is a correlation between being obese and having high cholesterol. Taking garcinia cambogia can actually help people address both problems. People may be able to increase their HDL levels and decrease their LDL levels by taking garcinia cambogia, thus improving their overall cholesterol ratings. You can get pure garcinia cambogia free trial – follow this link to find out how.
Few weight loss supplements have any health benefits beyond the indirect health benefits that a person could potentially acquire through weight loss. For some patients, these benefits may seem somewhat redundant. They could have just as easily gotten those health benefits by taking other supplements or simply relying on diet and exercise in the first place. People are often skittish enough about the well-documented side-effects of weight loss supplements that they avoid everything within the niche. As a result, they may never have the opportunity to see if garcinia cambogia will work for them in the first place.
What makes garcinia cambogia truly stand out is the fact that it genuinely is a health supplement, as opposed to simply a weight loss supplement. People should ideally consume a supplement like this for the sake of health reasons anyway. By taking garcinia cambogia, they will be that much more likely to accomplish their goal of improved health.
Sleep deprivation can cause you to feel irritated, have a hard time focusing and experience fatigue. Experiencing mood swings is another common symptoms of sleep deprivation. These symptoms can affect your relationships with friends, family and colleagues, make it difficult to work or drive and even cause depression to appear.
The good news is you can start getting better sleep right now. Here are seven methods you can use to sleep better. You will soon start getting better sleep and should eventually manage to get rid of sleep deprivation symptoms.
1. Creating the right environment is very important. You should use your bed and your bedroom only when it is time to get some sleep. If you sit up in bed to play video games, watch TV, do your homework, talk on your phone or browse the Internet, you will associate your bedroom with all these activities instead of sleep. The right environment will help you relax and go to sleep early. Choose some soft lighting, paint your bedroom in a color you find relaxing, add a stereo so you can listen to relaxing music and invest in some comfortable bedding. Reducing the temperature by a few degrees and placing your clock where you cannot see it from your bed should help you sleep. Some studies have shown that looking at your clock and calculating how much time you have left before morning can cause stress.
2. Establish a bedtime routine. Following a routine before going to bed can be difficult if you have a busy schedule due to work, school or parenting. Do your best to follow a routine every night. If you have a hard time going to sleep, do not fall asleep until past midnight or do not have a sleep schedule, decide on a bed time and stick to it. After a while, your internal clock will get used to your sleep schedule and falling asleep will become easier.
3. Avoid eating and drinking before going to bed. Eating before going to bed could cause your stomach to release acids and cause heartburn or indigestion. Eating causes your metabolism to speed up so that food can be digested. This causes your energy levels to go up and can make going to sleep more difficult. Try not to eat anything at least three hours before going to bed. If you want a snack, choose a healthy food with low fat content. A granola bar, toast or a small portion of cereal are good choices. Avoid caffeine, nicotine and other stimulants that cause your blood pressure and energy levels to increase. Alcohol can help you go to sleep since it has sedative effects but your sleep patterns might become irregular as a result of alcohol consumption.
4. Natural remedies can help you sleep. There are plenty of herbal teas with relaxing effects. For instance, chamomile can slow down your nervous system and help you relax. Talk to your doctor about natural remedies. If you decide to use supplements, read the instructions carefully and respect the recommended doses. Even though natural remedies are a healthy option, some herbs can react with some medication or have negative effects on patients who suffer from liver or Parkinson’s disease. You should also talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing. Drinking a glass of warm milk is an entirely safe natural remedy you can use to go to sleep.
5. Avoid naps unless you really need one. It is perfectly normal to feel like taking a nap as your energy levels decrease between 3 and 5 p.m. Sleep experts recommend a 20 minutes nap. Sleeping longer could make you feel groggy and keep you awake when your bed time comes. If you need to stay up later than usual or if you have a irregular sleep schedule (for instance if you have a newborn to take care of), taking a nap in the afternoon is a good choice. A nap can improve your mood and make you more productive.
6. Keep your stress under control. It is normal to experience stress and anxiety. A stressful event or a demanding job can have a negative impact on your sleep schedule. Try to find the time for some relaxing activities every day. You could for instance meditate, work out or take a hot bath. Take the time to relax before going to bed, for instance by writing about your day in a journal. If you find yourself laying in bed worrying about your job or bills you need to pay while trying to go to sleep, get up and find an activity that will help you relax. It is best to deal with the situation that causes you stress right away before going back to sleep. Take care of the bill you are worried about or make a to-do list for the next day and you will find that going to sleep is much easier.
7. Meet with your doctor for a check-up. If you are unable to sleep, your doctor may be able to help. There are several health conditions that can prevent you from adopting a regular sleep schedule such as insomnia or sleep apnea. Being properly diagnosed is the first step towards fixing your health problem. Sleep disorders can have a negative impact on your health, which is why you should see a doctor as soon as possible if you believe you might have one.
If you read the news, then you’ve heard that we are not safe from cancer’s curse, even when we retreat to the safety of our own homes. According to the experts, almost every chemical has the potential to cause cancer. Fear rules our relationship with the products that we use and it’s difficult to know just what to do and what to buy for home use.
Frankly, unless you are a chemist, understanding the potential risk factors of all the products on the market is not going to happen for the vast majority of consumers. Instead, it is important to get a handle on what science says and move forward with that information. Here are the details on five of the most common household items that have been linked to cancer.
1. Antimicrobial Soap.
One ingredient used in antimicrobial soap has been identified as a potential cancer causing agent. In a series of studies at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, Triclosan was linked to liver fibrosis and liver cancer in mice. In a published study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the scientists reported that continued exposure to the chemical has consequences.
According to Robert H. Tukey, the lead scientist on the project, the antimicrobial benefits may be outweighed by the increased risk of cancer. Since consumer use of antimicrobial soap has been trending upwards, individuals should be aware that its use, in combination with similar types of compounds, effectively increases the risk of liver toxicity in humans just as it does in mice. The moderate benefits should be weighed against the real risks of liver damage.
Critics of this research claim that the compound is not harmful. A statement issued by the American Cleaning Institute believes that the conclusions of the study distort reality. Dr. Paul DeLeo, ACI’s associate vice-president of environmental safety asserts, “We’ve known for decades that the mouse is not a good model for human risk assessment of triclosan.”
2. Nail Polish
Phthalates are commonly used in cosmetic products such as body washes, fragrances, and nail polish. Dibutyl phthalate, found in nail polish, is linked to cancer. Another potential carcinogen within your nail paint colors is toluene, which is quite toxic according to the Environmental Working Groups. Nail hardeners use formaldehyde, which is a known carcinogen.
A 2012 study done with breast cancer patients found that parabens were present within their bodies. Shampoos, lotions, and makeup include parabens within their formulas. While the American Cancer Society states that, “There are no clear health risks from parabens in food, drugs, cosmetics, and skin care products,” many people are choosing not to use products with paraben. For this reason, many manufacturers clearly label or advertise products that are free of parabens or that have had parabens removed.
4. Scented Laundry Detergent And Dryer Sheets
The University of Washingtom has conducted research that suggests that these products contain carcinogens which are released during the drying cycle through the vents. Dr. Anne Steinemann, the lead author and professor at the U stated that this represents an unregulated source of environmental pollution. Pollution emitted from a dryer vent is not regulated the same way that pollution coming out of a smokestack or tail pipe is.”
A variety of sources suggest that continued exposure to this pollution can be harmful. Other safer options include the use of natural detergent and dryer sheet as well as using baking soda as a fabric softener.
5. Plastic Bottles
Plastic bottles work so well because they are flexible. But that flexibility comes at a price. It is chemicals known as phthalates that make plastic so soft and malleable. However, those same chemicals are known to interfere with the hormonal system, increase the risk of asthma, and increase the chances of cancer. They have also been linked to lower IQs in children.
If you are still confused about which household chemicals are safe for use, it’s time to do some more research. Check out this list from the Environmental Working Group and spend some time with Google.
We always tend to show no sympathy to others when we ourselves are under stress according to a new study. This is why we should be concerned d when someone is really in pain and we see another person ignoring him. In such a situation , it should be our duty not to just look at him in an unfriendly way but show him how he should meditate.
A study where mice and men were administered a drug which results in the blocking of stress hormones by researchers has revealed that when stress levels are controlled we tend to be more concerned about people we come across and show more appreciation towards them. This amazing discovery was published in the journal “Current Biology”.
According to the study which revolves round the aspect known as ” emotional contagion of pain” reveals that both men and mice show rapport with friends (or in the case of a mouse, other mice in his own cage}. The reason we do not show appreciation towards strangers we meet once in a way is not due to any idea that we don’t have any thing in common with them or just couldn’t have a feeling towards them . The reality as revealed in the study is that when we are around people whom we do not usually meet, we are under more stress is really an amazing discovery.
It suggests that we are less appreciative when under more stress.
The result was quite different when the mice were administered with metyrapone and-
viola- by the researchers to block stress hormone . In this instance the mice were
hugging those in pain in a sudden reaction instead of trying to eat each others heads as they would normally do when meet unknown of their kind.
Undergraduate college students who participated in the same experiment where the
stress blocker was used were placed in pairs , and one was made to look on while his
partner put his hand into freezing cold ice water. Their facial and bodily movements showed anguish when they witnessed their partners pain. This was really quite different and extraordinary when compared to their natural reactions.
This gives us a real lesson as to how we should react when we are confronted with
in someone else’s emotional state and understand his or her flight or in helping him or her in such a situation. It would reflect our action or inaction in such a case.
The studies referred to above would certainly welcome news . Perhaps if we could
readily purchase the stress hormone blockers or else rely on learning meditation ,the world will really be a more sympathetic place to live in.